- Professor Akira Fujishima, Ph.D.
- At first glance it looks like nothing more than a simple, fine white powder. But appearances can be deceiving. This is titanium dioxide (TiO2) and it is the substance that has been the focus of Professor Akira Fujishima's pioneering research and defined his career a chemist. >> More
SPACE ROBOTICS AND SMALL
- Professor Shinichi Kimura, Ph.D.
- Professor Shinichi Kimura is a man with a mission. In fact, he has many missions under his belt and more on the horizon. A veteran researcher of robotic applications and aerospace engineering, today the overarching objective that drives Kimura is nothing less than developing a robotic satellite to clean up space. >> More
- Professor Tsutomu Iida, Ph.D.
- Waste not, want not. This could well be the motto of Professor Tsutomu Iida. Iida is a man with a plan—an ambitious plan to harness waste heat on a global scale to protect the planet. Moreover, he is intent on generating results in the not-too-distant future. >> More
ADVANCE FIRE SAFETY SCIENCE
- Professor Ken Matsuyama, Ph.D.
- Fire and fire safety are issues that only jump onto the radar for most people at times of crisis. In contrast, these are topics that are never far from the mind of Professor Ken Matsuyama. >> More
NEXT-GENERATION Na-ION BATTERIES
AND SAFER Li-Ion BATTERIES
- Professor Shinichi Komaba, Ph.D.
- Professor Shinichi Komaba has built a career on taking the road less traveled. Komaba hopes that his road will help guide the world to a more environmentally sustainable future and more affordable energy infrastructure. >> More
AND IMMUNE REGULATION
- Professor Masato Kubo, Ph.D.
- Masato Kubo has a vision: A world free from disease. More than this, he believes that such a world is entirely within the realm of possibility. >> More