The Tokyo University of Science recognizes the importance of protecting personal information. In implementing educational and training activity, the Tokyo University of Science strives to handle personal information appropriately based on the following laws and regulations:
- Act on the Protection of Personal Information
- Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information
- Cabinet Order to Enforce the Act on the Protection of Personal Information
- Enforcement Rules for the Act on the Protection of Personal Information
- Approaches in Cases, etc. of Incidents of Leakage of Personal Data
- Guidelines on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Volume on General Rules)
- Guidelines on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Volume on Provision to a Third Party in a Foreign Country)
- Guidelines on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Volume on Confirmation and Record-Keeping Obligations upon Third-Party Provision)
- Regulations concerning Protection of Personal Information in the Tokyo University of Science
- Guidelines for Proper Handling of Personal Information by the Tokyo University of Science
When personal information, the Tokyo University of Science shall clearly specify the purpose for such collection, within a scope that is necessary for education/research and administration by the University.
Purpose of Use
The Tokyo University of Science shall not use any personal information it has received for purposes other than the specified purpose.
Disclosure / Revision / Suspension of Use, etc.
When there is a request for disclosure, revision, suspension of use, etc. of personal data owned by the University, proper measures shall be taken based on University regulations, etc.
Joint Use of Personal Data
The University shall jointly use personal data based on Article 23-5, Paragraph 3 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. The data shall be jointly used with the following party.
Joint user of personal data:
Provision to Third Parties
As a rule, the Tokyo University of Science shall not provide personal information to a third party without the consent of the person. However, in cases in which a special exemption under a law or ordinance applies, the Tokyo University of Science may provide said information to a third party without the consent of the person.
The Tokyo University of Science shall maintain personal information in an accurate and up-to-date form and shall take necessary and appropriate security measures to prevent loss, alteration, or leakage.
Response to Complaints
The Tokyo University of Science shall take appropriate steps in accordance with University regulations, etc., to deal with complaints concerning its handling of personal information.
General Affairs Division, General Affairs Department
Tokyo University of Science
E-mail: somu(at sign)admin.tus.ac.jp