The Tokyo University of Science recognizes the importance of protecting personal information. In implementing educational and training activity, the Tokyo University of Science strives to handle personal information appropriately based on the following laws and regulations:
- Act on the Protection of Personal Information
- Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information
- Cabinet Order to Enforce the Act on the Protection of Personal Information
- Enforcement Rules for the Act on the Protection of Personal Information
- Approaches in Cases, etc. of Incidents of Leakage of Personal Data
- Guidelines on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Volume on General Rules)
- Guidelines on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Volume on Provision to a Third Party in a Foreign Country)
- Guidelines on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Volume on Confirmation and Record-Keeping Obligations upon Third-Party Provision)
- Tokyo University of Science Foundation Regulations for Protection of Personal Information
- Guidelines for Proper Handling of Personal Information by the Tokyo University of Science
When personal information, the Tokyo University of Science shall clearly specify the purpose for such collection, within a scope that is necessary for education/research and administration by the University.
Entities Handling Personal Information
1-3, Kagurazaka, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Takayuki Hamamoto, Chairperson, Tokyo University of Science
Purpose of Use
The Tokyo University of Science shall not use any personal information it has received for purposes other than the specified purpose.
Disclosure / Revision / Suspension of Use, etc.
When there is a request for disclosure, revision, suspension of use, etc. of personal data owned by the University, proper measures shall be taken based on University regulations, etc.
Joint Use of Personal Data
The University shall jointly use personal information, based on Article 27-5, Paragraph 3 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. The data shall be jointly used with the following party.
Joint user of personal data:
Provision to Third Parties
As a rule, the Tokyo University of Science shall not provide personal information to a third party without the consent of the person. However, in cases in which a special exemption under a law or ordinance applies, the Tokyo University of Science may provide said information to a third party without the consent of the person.
Security Control Measures
The Tokyo University of Science shall maintain personal information in an accurate and up-to-date form and shall take security measures, such as the following, to prevent loss, alteration, or leakage.
Systematic Security Control MeasuresA personal information handling officer shall be tasked with overseeing personal information handling; the scope of personal information to be handled by relevant personnel shall be clarified; and a reporting system which follows the management structure shall be put in place for notifying the personal information handling officer in the event that a personal information handling-related law or regulation is violated, or there are grounds for believing that such a violation has taken place.
Human Security Control Measures1) Regular training shall be provided to personnel with regard to important points to remember about personal information handling
2) Matters relating to personal information confidentiality shall be included in the rules of employment
Physical Security Control Measures1) Access controls and restrictions on bringing in devices shall be instituted for areas where personal information is handled, and measures will be implemented to prevent the viewing of personal information by anyone who is not authorized to do so.
2) Measures shall be instituted to prevent the theft or loss of devices, electronic media, paper media, etc., used in personal information handling, and measures shall also be implemented to ensure personal information cannot be easily ascertained in the event that unavoidable circumstances require said devices or media to be moved to a different location, including a different location within the same office.
3) Deletion of personal information and disposal of devices, media, etc., used in personal information handling shall be performed via means which ensure the personal information cannot be restored or recovered.
Technical Security Control Measures1) Access controls shall be implemented to limit the scope of the authorized personnel and the handling of the personal information database.
2) Mechanisms shall be introduced to protect personal information handling systems from external, unauthorized access or software.
Understanding of the External EnvironmentSecurity control measures shall be implemented after ensuring an understanding of the personal information protection systems in place in foreign countries where some personal information is stored.
Response to Complaints
The Tokyo University of Science shall take appropriate steps in accordance with University regulations, etc., to deal with complaints concerning its handling of personal information.
Administrative Affairs Division, Administrative Affairs Section
Tokyo University of Science
E-mail: somu(at sign)admin.tus.ac.jp
Handling of Personal Information on This Website
Use of Google Analytics