URA provides support that integrates basic research, applied research projects, and returning benefits to society through industry-academia cooperation.
- Planning and Management Division
- General affairs
- Contract management
- Risk management
- Public announcements
- Support for "Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research" application, etc.
- Management of public research funding
- Research Strategy Formulation Division
- Strategy formulation
- Research & analysis on research potential, research funding, etc.
- Gathering information about policy trend, public research funding, etc.
- Planning and management of original research funding, etc.
- Research & Industry-University
Cooperation Supporting Division
- Planning, coordination, and support for research projects
- Support for research funding application
- Discovery of research seeds
- Collaboration and coordination with the public institutions and private companies
- Intellectual property management, technology transfer
- Regional Alliance & Commercialization Promotion Division
- Incubation for university-launched start-up
- Consultation and Support for business start-up
- Consultation and Promotion for commercialization
- Promotion of Outreach and Liaisons
- Support for international exhibitions and cooperation with foreign companies
- Technical Consultations
- Joint Research
- Researchers from corporations, etc., conduct research jointly with Tokyo University of Science faculty members on shared research topics. Support is also provided for collaborations with public agencies involved in joint research projects.
- Entrusted Research
- Tokyo University of Science faculty members conduct research on topics provided by corporations, etc., and report on the results of their research.
- Technical Guidance
- Technical guidance is provided by Tokyo University of Science faculty members in university laboratories. It is also possible for faculty members to provide technical guidance and consulting services directly at corporations.
- Tangible Products of
- We provide products obtained as a result of research (materials, samples, prototypes, models, testing equipment, etc.). We can also accept products of research conducted by external organizations.
- Research Assistance
- Research Grants
- We accept donations aimed at promoting or assisting academic research.
Flow of Consultations (Example)
Please contact the University Research Administration Center for consultations concerning your research topics or on Tokyo University of Science research projects that interest you. The Tokyo University of Science URA handles consultation contents. A
confidentiality agreement is
concluded if necessary.
Study of Contents and
An accurate understanding of the topic is reached, and if the guidance or advice of Tokyo University of Science faculty members is required, the project is matched with the appropriate faculty members.
Conclusion of Contract
After deliberations on the contents of the research and conditions, the contract is concluded. The term of the research contract is in principle one year, and the contract can be renewed yearly. The contractor must be a juridical person.
Payment of Research
Actual fees differ from one project to another.
Start of Research
If necessary, support is also offered on intellectual property management (creation, protection and utilization).