For an international student to work at a part-time job is required to obtain "permission to engage in an activity outside the scope permitted at the Immigration Bureau in advance.
If you have the permit, as long as it does not negatively impact your academic achievements, you will be allowed to work a part-time job to supplement your income for the cost of living. A permit is not necessary for the Teaching Assistant (TA) job.
However, you are forbidden from receiving a job in the adult entertainment business. You will have to apply for this kind of permit on your own at the Immigration Bureau.

Once you have obtained the "permit for activity other than that permitted under the status of residence previously granted," bring it to the Student Support Section or the Student Services Section (Kagurazaka,Noda,Katsushika).

When renewing your period of stay, you can also apply for the "permission to engage in activity outside scope permitted" permit at the same time.

Once you have obtained the permit, it is valid until its expiration date, even if you switch to another part-time job.

Permitted Time for Extra Activity

Status Time Permitted Per Week Time Permitted During Long Term Vacations
Graduates Under Graduates Research Under 28 Hours Under 8 Hours Per Day

Documents Required to Apply for Permit

Application for Activity Outside Scope Permitted Prescribed Form Issued at Immigration Bureau
Passport, Resident Card, Student Identification Card
Fees None
Our site uses cookies to assist us in studying user behavior on the site and in improving the operation of the site. By using this website, you consent to our use of cookies. See our Privacy Policy for details.