At TUS, we have implemented measures to reduce the economic strain on international students who are studying here at their own expense and who have achieved outstanding academic results. Information about how to apply for the "Partial tuition-waiver scholarships for privately financed international students" will be available on notice boards and on our website at a later date. Notice: Not all applications will be accepted.
Privately financed international students* (those who have a student visa) of Tokyo University of Science may apply for tuition reduction. Students must be in good academic standing and successful applicants will receive financial support from TUS.
You can get the application form from the CLASS system.
*Undergraduate students who entered into TUS by 2015 or Master’s students only.
The following restrictions apply to this scholarship:
- Students who are enrolled on a doctoral course are not eligible. (They should apply via a different tuition fee reduction scheme for all doctoral students at TUS)
- Students already receiving tuition fee assistance through the following organizations are not eligible. (a) The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) (b) another government (c) an employer (d) a scholarship foundation.
- Students currently repeating a year of study (ryunen) and students in their final year of study who will not be able to graduate are not eligible.
- Students who have taken a leave of absence from school are not eligible.
- Incomplete and/or incorrectly submitted applications will not be considered.
- Students who fall under any of the provisions of (1) or (2) are not eligible.
- (1) The allowance sent from the student’s private funding source may not exceed, on average, 90,000yen per month.
- (2) The annual income of the student’s supporter residing in Japan may not exceed 5,000,000yen.
Percentage reduction of tuition fees under the "Partial tuition-waiver scholarships for privately financed international students"
- 1st year undergraduate and 1st year master's students: 30 % of the tuition fee each year (all applications are approved.)
- Current students (2nd year and above): 50 % of the tuition fee each year (successful applications are dependent upon the student’s academic record and financial situation. Not all applications are approved.)
*Incomplete and/or incorrectly submitted applications will not be considered.
*We will notify you of the application procedure via the TUS website or CLASS system.