Tokyo University of Science
HOME > CAMPUS LIFE > Living and Studying in Japan > Leaving Japan Temporarily and Re-entry Permit

When international students temporarily leave Japan (e.g. during summer vacation), he or she should hand in a "Notice of Temporary Leave" to the Student Support Section or the Student Services Section (Kagurazaka, Noda, Katsushika).
Graduate research students and graduated students are required to contact their advising teachers.
Students should not leave the country during the term of classes unless they have special reasons.

Under the Special Re-entry permit system, foreign nationals in possession of a valid passport, visa, resident card who will be re-entering Japan within one year of their departure to continue their activities in Japan will, in principle, not be required to apply for a re-entry permit.
In accordance with the introduction of the Special Re-entry Permit System, a column of indication of intention concerning the Special Re-entry Permit is placed in the embarkation/disembarkation card (E/D) for the re-entry, so if you want to depart with permission under the Special Re-entry Permit System, please check this column so that you can re-enter.

For further information, please consult the Immigration Bureau's website.