||9:00 am-9:00 pm
||9:00 am-5.00 pm
|Sundays and Public holidays
* Borrowing and returning library materials and use of the copy machine finish 15 minutes before the library closes.
Library calendar (PDF) (Only in Japanese)
Borrowing rules and regulations
Loan periods and number of items on loan are as follows:
| Loan periods
|| Years 1-3 and Year 4 (current students)
|| 14 days
|Students researching graduation thesis,
graduate school students and higher
|1 months (14 days for audio-visual materials)
| Maximum number of items on loan
|| 20 items
| Loan extensions
|| Library materials
| Audio-visual materials
|| No extensions permitted
- Magazines/journals may not be borrowed.
- As loan periods may vary during holidays, please refer to notice boards and websites.
- Please note that when any borrowed item becomes overdue, borrowing privileges are suspended for the number of days that the item is overdue (including library closure days).
- Please follow library staff instructions.
- Please do not inconvenience other users.
- Please keep quiet and do not speak in a loud voice.
- Eating food into the library is prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited within the library building.
- Please set cell phones to silent mode and refrain from talking on the phone inside the library.
- Please do not loan out borrowed materials to others.
- Loss or damage of materials may be subject to payment. Please take responsibility for items and treat them carefully.
- Photography is prohibited within the library. When photography is required for research purposes please inquire at the counter.
- Any materials not checked out may not be taken outside the library.
- Computers located in the library are to be used exclusively to search for library materials. They are not to be used for any other purpose.
- The book detection system has been installed to prevent borrowers from forgetting to check out materials. To minimize any possible effects from electromagnetic waves, please pass promptly through the entry/exit area.
- Please keep personal valuables with you at all times. In particular, ensure that you do not leave wallets or cards on desks. The library is not responsible for any theft on library premises.
| Chief librarian
|| Atsuthi Tachikawa (Professor, Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science and Technology)
|| 2641 Yamazaki, Noda-shi, Chiba-ken 278-8510
|| A separate building
| Floor area
| Japanese books
|| 278,977 volumes
| Foreign books
|| 157,358 volumes
| Japanese journals
|| 1,220 titles
| Foreign journals
|| 2,281 titles
| Electronic journals
|| Approximately 10,000 titles (central administration at the Katsushika Library)
| No. reading room seats
|| 800 seats
|| 1 Manager, 1 Office staff, 14 Service staff
| Date of opening of the current library building
|| September 1982
(as of May 1, 2015)