Tokyo University of Science

Student Support


Private Apartments

HOME > CAMPUS LIFE > Student Support > Dormitories > Private Apartments

Rooms for Rent / Apartments

For those who would prefer apartments or other housing alternatives, please contact the parties listed below.

National Students Information Center, Ochanomizu branch (only in Japanese)
Telephone : 0120 - 749 - 185

Kagurazaka Campus "Tokyo University of Science Co-op" (only in Japanese)
Telephone : 03 - 3260 - 4171

International Student Housing General Compensation System

If you (an international student) intends to occupy a private apartment, but cannot find a cosignatory, TUS will become your guarantor in the name of the Student Cervices Center. But first, please subscribe to the International Students Housing General Compensation System offered by Japan Educational Exchanges and Services (JEES). The subscription fee is 4,000 yen for 1 year or 8,000 yen for 2 years. Since you will receive assistance from the school, the actual amount you will have to pay out of your pocket will be 2,000 yen for 1 year and 4,000 yen for 2 years. If you cannot find a guarantor or cosignatory, please consult with the Student Services Section (Kagurazaka, Katsushika, Noda).

Comprehensive Renters' Insurance for Foreign Students Studying in Japan

This insurance protects the insured students against accident liability and releases the guarantors from their financial burden. (only in Japanese)